Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) recently released the notification calling for applications for the post of Junior Secretariat Assistant. A total of 278 vacancies are open for Jr Secretariat Assistant (LDC). The candidates applying for this post should be at least a 10th pass and should have the ability to type at a speed of not less than 35 wpm in English or 30 wpm in Hindi on the Computer. The age limit for applicants is between 18-27 years. The candidates will be selected through a one-tier examination.
Through the course of this article, we will be sharing DSSSB LDC preparation tips to help you prepare better and crack DSSSB LDC 2021 exam in the first attempt itself.
DSSSB LDC 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for DSSSB LDC 2021 will have to attempt a 200-mark paper which will comprise of 200 questions.
The exam paper will include 40 questions each on each topic. Every correct answer will score you 1 mark and every incorrect answer will result in a deduction of 0.25 marks. To complete the entire exam paper, each candidate will be provided with two hours.
The detailed description of the question paper is presented here in a table format:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning ability||40||40|
|Arithmetical & Numerical Ability||40||40||2 Hours|
|Hindi Language & comprehension||40||40|
|English Language & Comprehension||40||40|
It is important for you to familiarise yourself with the pattern of the question paper. This allows for more precision and careful practice, on your end.
To score well in DSSSB LDC 2021 one’s DSSSB LDC preparation strategy should include covering the syllabus properly.
Section-wise DSSSB LDC Preparation Tips
Here is a list of DSSSB LDC preparation tips that you should keep in mind during DSSSB junior clerk preparation.
1. General Awareness
- Your DSSSB LDC preparation strategy should include reading the newspaper daily and making notes of the current affairs of 4-5 months preceding the date of examination.
- Find out topics of high relevance both nationally and internationally. For example: Currently, the Covid-19 vaccines are of high value globally.
- Books like General Knowledge by Lucent and the Manorama Yearbook come in handy.
- Practice quizzes that are available online.
- Do in-depth research on topics with high weightage
- Revise the chapters regularly.
2. General Intelligence & Reasoning ability
- The difficulty level of this section will be Moderate level difficulty.
- Learn the key points and basic concepts of each topic.
- Look for tricks and shortcuts which will help you solve the questions quickly and easily. This will help you in devoting time to other sections.
- Memorize tables and the number value of alphabets
- Accuracy in this section will only come from a lot of practice.
3. Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
- Learn squares and cubes up to 30
- Revise topics from NCERT books up to class 10th.
- Give more time to topics with higher weightage.
- Look for Vedic math tricks which will help you solve questions faster.
- Practice daily for better efficiency
4. Hindi/English Language & comprehension
- Read the newspaper daily to help you with comprehension skills and learning new words.
- Developing a habit of reading will expand your vocabulary as well.
- Practice questions based on grammar daily and revise the rules of grammar regularly.
- Revise topics in which you’re having difficulty over and over again.
These DSSSB LDC preparation tips will help you give attention to the smallest details.
Books for DSSSB Junior Clerk Preparation
- General Knowledge by Lucent’s
- Quantitative Aptitude by Dr. R.S Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Dr. R.S Aggarwal
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Follow the following approach during DSSSB junior clerk preparation:
- Know your syllabus and Practice well
While doing DSSSB junior clerk preparation a candidate needs to familiarise themselves with the syllabus and examination pattern well. Before beginning your DSSSB junior clerk preparation, go through the syllabus and list out your weaknesses and strengths. Then make a proper plan of action and timetable. While preparing for subjects individually, do not forget to attempt a lot of sample papers, mock tests, and quizzes. This will help you prepare for the day of the examination and make you more confident. Score yourself and keep a track of your progress. This helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Speed and Accuracy
The DSSSB LDC 2021 is a test of both speed and accuracy and should be given priority in the DSSSB LDC preparation strategy. You have to attempt the maximum questions in the least time while keeping negative marking in mind. While solving previous-year papers and mock-tests, time yourself and give yourself limited time to solve all the questions. This will help you become faster. Do not waste much time on questions in which you are confused, move ahead and come back to it later. You will have two hours to solve 200 questions, which gives you less than a minute per question.
Revision acts like a cherry on the cake to your DSSSB junior clerk preparation. It helps you in consolidating all the information that you have learned so far. Go through the notes that you have prepared while studying and take a look at the important topics carefully. Revise regularly to retain the most. Give ample time to revision in your DSSSB LDC preparation strategy.
Best of luck!